IT Business Analyst
You are experienced with property management, reservation systems or in the hospitality industry and you seek a company that will provide growth and career development opportunities. You are an IT business analyst that thrives on providing top-notch customer support and service.
At Best Western, in Phoenix, AZ, we seek to empower an IT business analyst to collaborate with other departments. As a business analyst, you will work with our members and our property management system (PMS) vendors to drive resolution and customer satisfaction. You will develop business and technical solutions to enhance the interface to the PMS applications. This will include the responsibility to create, assess and maintain documentation for end users and/ or vendors. In addition, you will contribute to project requirements as well as identifying vendor, customer and system impacts and ensuring appropriate documentation is defined, created and distributed. In short, you will have an important impact on the support and development of a tier 1 system for Best Western reservations.
As our business analyst, your job will be to ensure service levels are maintained relative to the central reservation system support. This will involve monitoring our message delivery systems and resolving open incidents. You will facilitate support meetings with hotel members and PMS vendors to plan future development and features. In addition you will:
- Contribute business and technical analysis to determine technical feasibility
- Deliver reliable technical services to our hotels
- Recommend business solutions by analyzing requirements, reviewing system capabilities and/or writing detailed specifications regarding user test cases
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Enhance systems, processes, and policies by evaluating current design and recommending modifications
You bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in hotel property management systems and / or central reservation system interface or hotel experience with business operations skill
- Knowledgeable in SQL and XML message formats
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven analytical, time management and written and verbal communication skills
- Technical support experience is a plus
- Strong customer service or customer support skills
- Excellent communication skills are required
Best Western® Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, AZ., is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100* hotels in more than 100* countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers seven hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Executive Residency by Best Western?, Vib ®, BW Premier Collection® and GLo?. Now celebrating 71 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and online and mobile booking capabilities. More than 26 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. The brand’s partnerships with AAA/CAA, Minor League Baseball, and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including Business Travel News naming Best Western as the best midscale hotel brand in 2014 and Best Western Plus as the best upper mid-price hotel brand in 2014 and 2015, four consecutive Compuware Best of the Web gold awards for best hotel website, and seven consecutive AAA/CAA Hotel Partner of the Year awards. Nearly sixty percent of Best Western branded hotels earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award in 2015.
Related Keywords:Business Analyst, BA, IT Business Analyst, IT BA, Property Management Systems, Property Management, Reservation Management, Reservation systems, hospitality, hotel, hote management, application support, IT support