Working With Us
The business model of a membership association gives Best Western a unique competitive advantage. Each Best Western member has a voice in the operation of the company, and our employees work to add value to their membership. Here’s what you can expect as an employee:
- Our Employee Activities Committee (EAC) sponsors exciting events – such as BBQs, holiday parties, craft fairs, fundraisers, and more – throughout the year.
- Our beautiful workplace and courtyard looks like a hotel itself, and is located in one of the most gorgeous and livable cities in the world.
- Enjoy great employee discounts: Suns tickets, AAA, computers, cell phones and more.
- Hotel discounts for you, your family, and your friends.
- Through our Employee Assistance Program, we offer employees and their immediate families professional counseling to help resolve problems affecting their emotional health.
- Stay in tip-top condition with mobile, on-site health screenings.
- Best Western International Inc. has more than 4,000 independently owned and operated hotels.
- Our employee engagement scores rank us as one of the highest in Arizona.
- We're happy to be an employer of choice and proud that so many employees have chosen to stay at Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years.
- Best Western's corporate offices have made a concerted effort to reduce, reuse and recycle. In fact, our Beardsley Operations Center in Phoenix recently earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency prestigious Energy Star, the national symbol for protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency.
YOU HAVE A VOICE
- We value and support open communication.
- At any time, employees can submit a question, concern, idea, to the company's “Listen Line” on our intranet and get a prompt response.
- We conduct an annual employee engagement survey and use the information to respond to our employees' needs. For example, we learned that our employees wanted access to more training opportunities, so the Skill Portal was developed. This is an online portal to attend interactive, virtual training classes.
THE REWARDS OF HELPING OTHERS
- We’re always coming up with fun and creative activities to help a cause, from selling candy on Valentine's Day to raise money for the Arizona Humane Society, to having a salsa cook-off to collect money for St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Through our Best Western for a Better World program, our hotel owners, staff and customers donate time, money and talent to causes that benefit children and families.
- Best Western International’s Employee Activities Committee helps non-profit organizations in the Phoenix metropolitan area through fundraising events and donation drives.
- World Vision is Best Western's charity of choice. Our member hotels and staff sponsor children around the globe.
- We’re committed to doing our part to protect the environment. A task force has been charged with promoting green best practices to our employees, and implementing practical, environmentally-friendly solutions at our corporate facilities in Phoenix.
Because we care, we know that by helping our employees become better people, we are better. We've created a truly positive work environment where you get support to achieve your professional and personal goals.
- We provide employees with free classes for professional and personal development. Enhance your professional and social skills, gain knowledge about hotel industry or hotel operations, manage your investments and finances, manage stress, and more.
- We offer tuition reimbursement up to $2,500 per year.
- Through our online training center – The Training Place – we offer employees free web-based training that can be accessed 24/7 from any online connection.
We are always looking for great people to fill our positions and enjoy all that Best Western has to offer.