Administrative Assistant, WorldHotels (NYC or Phoenix office, plus hybrid remote)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
This position supports our WorldHotels division - WorldHotelsTM Collection is a curated global offering of the finest independent hotels and resorts around the world. Each WorldHotels property is as exquisite as the destinations you find them in, creating unforgettable experiences from the moment you walk through the doors.
Supports major functional department and/or management level position by performing advanced and confidential administrative functions.
Candidates must be located in Phoenix, AZ or New York, NY. Position will work 3 days per week onsite at with option to work remotely 2 days.
- Phoenix, AZ office address: 6201 N 24th Parkway | Phoenix, AZ 85016
- New York, NY office address: The Club Row Building | 28 West 44th Street, Suite 720 | New York, New York 10036
Essential Job Results
Supports functional area by organizing and expediting workflow through the office. Initiates action and follow-up activity. Provides time management and operational support by coordinating schedules, and taking initiative on behalf of management in their absence. Supports budgeting process by assisting with budget preparation, analysis and compliance with department’s budget line. Prepares and communicates information by assisting in the preparation of Board reports, statistical data, charts, graphics, etc. of a complex and technical nature. Optimizes management’s time by screening telephone calls and responding to non-routine questions; furnishes information on complex issues to callers and visitors, and others outside of the department. Summarizes information for the department by preparing complex documents, presentations and graphs. Resolves problems by researching, collecting, analyzing and summarizing complex industry data and trends. Performs multi-faceted support functions, special projects. Completes diverse and multi-faceted projects.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of progressively more responsible administrative experience with the ability to function independently with a larger scope of responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Smartsheet preferred.
- May require intermediate proficiency in one or more specific application.
- Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Works independently under general supervision and follows established procedures.
- Provides guidance on policies and procedures to less experienced representatives.
- Shows some initiative to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Typically reports to a Director or Managing Director who has broad functional responsibility.
- Regularly provides guidance and direction to others in department concerning priorities, policies and procedures.
- Effectively obtains information from others.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of organization, policies, procedures, practices, budget preparation, plus knowledge of personnel beyond assigned department.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Regular communication with members of the Board, senior executives and BWI members to provide information requiring some explanation of sometimes complex issues
- Resolves problems requiring research, interpretation and analysis of facts to form a conclusion.
- Suggests and implements process improvements when appropriate.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.