Associate Account Manager, Hotel Furnishings Representative
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The Contract Sales Representative will provide customer service support hotel members by assisting them in the purchase, shipment and/or return of interior products. Helps resolve purchasing issues. They may assist in developing new and/or help retain supply business.
- May take orders, prepare quotes and maintain pricing information.
- Resolve purchasing issues from beginning to end by tracking shipments, processing product returns and following-up on freight billing and claims.
- Ensure effective customer service by interfacing with both internal and external contacts to include members, suppliers, freight carriers, accounting, sales and/or purchasing staff.
- Respond to inquiries on products or orders in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the purchasing process by researching product information, pricing or order/shipment status.
- May handle payment issues and member credits.
- Provide administrative support by generating, editing, initiating or responding to correspondence with members or vendors..
- Establish and maintain files, libraries and/or record keeping systems.
- Maintain customer service or sales information by tracking and entering information into automated systems.
- Follow-up on import regulations and documentation to help ensure compliance.
- Provide guidance to help members make better purchasing decisions.
- Research anomalies and check documents for accuracy.
- Minimum 12 months related customer service, sales and/or purchasing experience.
- Intermediate customer service and telesales skills.
- Ability to resolve routine problems using established policies and guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic familiarity with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) preferred.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and follow established procedures and instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Exhibit appropriate self and time management to successfully accomplish assigned tasks.
- Familiar with general office procedures including operation of common office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.