Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Provides project design support by assisting in design development and presentation.
Essential Job Results
- Provides project design support by assisting in developing and presenting designs. Interprets design requirements and layouts. Helps prepare drawings and specifications for new construction and existing properties.
- May provide Design Excellence program support by reviewing photographs of PIP items, interpreting each item with the existing Member design guidelines. Provides status updates of each reviewed PIP item.
- Provides functional assistance by maintaining the library of interior design materials and resources.
- Supports design projects by participating in special assignments such as conventions and trade shows.
- Develops technical knowledge by attending design related trade shows and pursuing educational and training opportunities
- Entry level position in interior architecture/design.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Interior Design or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD 2000+).
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehension of Design Guidelines.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on design terminology.
- Works under general supervision and exercises some independent discretion/judgment. Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others.
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to the job. Basic professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Conveys and obtains information both internal and external to the department. Basic professional know-how to meet technical standards
- Resolves routine problems.
- May travel up to 10% of work time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.