AWS Sys Ops Administrator/Cloud Monitoring
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
We are actively seeking an AWS Sys Ops Administrator. The Sys Ops Admin will provide a high level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for client-critical systems hosted both on premise and in the AWS Cloud. You will maintain information technology service, functionality, and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining, and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servicers, networks, and cloud services. The Sys Ops Administrator role is responsible for providing operations support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment.
In this Job you will:
- Leverage cloud watch and cloud platform monitoring solutions and services for both on-premises and AWS infrastructure.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to ensure availability and performance SLAs are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with products and services while working closely with, DevOps, Product Teams and Cloud Engineering teams.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents.
- Follow incident, change, release, and problem management processes.
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and report on metrics collected.
- Perform account access and tagging management.
- Create monitoring modules for CloudWatch.
- Coordinate bridge calls for remediation efforts and drive resolution.
- Mentor and train technicians to perform cloud administration tasks.
- Team-player with a PASSION for technology and continued professional knowledge advancement.
- Proven track record in providing strong multitasking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Education or professional experience supporting Unix/ Linux flavors related to systems administration, maintenance, troubleshooting & monitoring.
- Conceptual understanding of entry level scripting (i.e, terraform, ruby, pearl, python, etc) to provide troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, and an ability to take advantage of provided tools/resources for continual learning is a must!
- Strong background in troubleshooting and applying critical thinking methods to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years IT/IS operations experience
- Conceptual understanding of software development/coding experience
- Conceptual understanding of Coding in Python, Ruby, JSON, etc
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Results oriented
- Mentors and coach’s colleague’s and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Current scheduling - Monday-Friday 8-5
- Some on-site training. Remote
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.