Brand Manager, Boutique & Upscale Hotel Brands
Bring your previous hotel branding and operations experience in the upscale hotel industry and join Best Western Hotels & Resorts as our Brand Manager, Boutique & Upscale Brands. Showcase your business acumen as you manage and promote the upscale brand's objectives by recommending and ensuring the consistent delivery and application of owner operations programs, policies and/or services. This is the perfect role to advance your career using your leadership ability, relationship building skills and holistic general management experience in the hospitality industry as you contribute to our continued success!
As our Brand Manager, Boutique & Upscale Brands based from the Headquarters office in Phoenix, Arizona, you will act as the primary consultant for new and transitioning members to provide strategies to improve the upscale brand's value by providing operational, training, on-boarding, prospecting, consulting services (e.g. revenue management, sales and marketing, and property management), coaching, quality assessments, and other related property support to improve property performance.
Prior experience as a General Manager at a FULL-SERVICE hotel combined with your outgoing personality will be essential as you bring the following skills and experience with you to fulfill the essential job results listed below:
- Provides training to owners, management, and staff. Develops relationships and builds trust by being a primary point of contact with assigned properties.
- Ensures and/or assists with timely hotel openings to meet Company growth objectives by managing or assisting with the property transition program and monitoring the progress of each project.
- Motivates and develops on-site upscale brand leadership by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities.
- Meets established transition deadlines by researching, identifying, and evaluating new projects to avoid complications and to ensure a successful transition into the brand. Develops and maintains a property status tracking system and reports progress to management.
- Ensures value and satisfaction by effectively managing projects by contacting applicants at established points during the transition process. Communicates needs to the appropriate person or department and assists in coordinating the resolution of issues.
- Effectively manages relationships and acts as the primary point of contact for upscale brands and property support services.
- Conducts reviews, assessments and follow-up visits for assigned hotels. Conducts quality assurance assessments as applicable.
- Builds value by conducting field-training workshops for owners, management, and staff on varied topics with a significant focus on cleanliness, working order and superior customer care.
- Recommends develops and/or implements product or process enhancements by analyzing quality assessment and project results.
- Motivates and develops applicable upscale Brand Management staff by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implements successful hiring and retention practices.
- Monitors applicable upscale Brand Management staff in their application of departmental approaches and guidelines. Conducts reviews, assessments and follow-up visits for assigned team.
- Maintains a high level of customer service by anticipating problems and initiating appropriate course corrections. Regularly interfaces with senior management.
- Maintains brand quality service by establishing and following Company standards.
- Meets departmental financial objectives by preparing and/or contributing information for annual budgets.
Minimum 5 years related, professional level experience in the hospitality industry with a minimum of 3 years Full-Service Hotel general management level hospitality experience in the upscale and/or boutique segment. Experience leading and managing field-based direct reports. Multi-property management experience required. Food & beverage experience highly preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong presentation/training skills
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) & Certified Hospitality Trainer (CHT) strongly preferred. Ability to attain Quality Assurance Assessor certification
- Ability to manage a virtual office environment with field-based employees
Leadership & Accountability
Sensitive to and understands the professional environment. Conveys sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals. Clearly communicates plans, expectations, and outcomes. Can think and act strategically. Provides operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals. Receives tactical direction on new products, processes or plans. Attracts, retains, motivates and develops staff.
Knowledge & Problem Solving
Basic competition and industry knowledge. Professional know-how to meet technical standards. Resolves defined problems and probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers.
Convinces others, normally within the organization but also at the property level, to accept new concepts and approaches.
Please note that this position may require travel up to 80% of the time and a valid driver’s license, serviceable automobile and proof of insurance
Best Western Hotels and Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vib®, GLo®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-priced hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.