Cloud Network Engineer - Virtual U.S.
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Our network engineering team operates user and application networks in a hybrid cloud environment. A successful candidate should have experience in enterprise networking (switching, routing, firewalls), with recent experience configuring networks in AWS, desired. Our network engineers are team players, who are able to own their network changes including cabling, implementation, application dependencies, and managing the potential impact on users.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in enterprise networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AWS certifications desired
- Cisco certifications desired
- Fortinet certifications desired
- Demonstrated, hands-on, knowledge of network hardware and software, preferably Cisco and Fortinet
- Troubleshooting and configuration experience with routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), switching, and VPN technologies
- Demonstrated, hands-on, knowledge of network orchestration and automation, using Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, or Ansible.
- Working understanding of cloud networking components, and their uses in AWS
- Demonstrated, hands-on, knowledge of managing configuration and rules on a next generation firewall, such as Fortinet, Palo Alto, Checkpoint or Cisco.
- Working understanding of AWS application load balancing, network load balancing, security groups, and direct connect
- Experience managing configurations on F5 BIGIP load balancers
- Experience designing secure networks, that exceed PCI compliance requirements
- Experience with network monitoring tools, such as DataDog and Solarwinds
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.