Computer Operations Technician - Incident Response
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
We are actively seeking a Computer Operations Technician located in the Maricopa County area. This role will provide a high level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for client-critical systems hosted both on premise and in the AWS Cloud. You will maintain information technology service, functionality, and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining, and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servicers, networks and cloud services. Computer Operations technician is responsible for providing support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment.
- Work Location is On-Site every other week at our North Phoenix office - 20400 North 29th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ.
- Day Shift - 6am-5pm four days a week (Sun-Wed)
In this Job you will:
- Leverage cloud watch and cloud platform monitoring solutions and services for both on-premise and AWS infrastructure.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to ensure availability and performance SLAs are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with cloud infrastructure working closely with Operations, DevOps, Application and Cloud Engineering teams.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents.
- Follow incident, change, release, and problem management processes.
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and report on metrics collected.
- Use ansible to support OS patching
- Perform account access and tagging management.
- Coordinate bridge calls for remediation efforts and drive resolution
- Project work as assigned.
- Team-player with a PASSION for technology and continued professional knowledge advancement.
- Excellent documentation skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite administration
- Proven track record in providing strong multitasking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Education or professional experience supporting Unix/ Linux flavors related to systems administration, maintenance, troubleshooting & monitoring.
- Conceptual understanding of entry level scripting (i.e, terraform, ruby, pearl, python, etc) to provide troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, and an ability to take advantage of provided tools/resources for continual learning is a must.
- Strong background in troubleshooting and applying critical thinking methods to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years IT/IS operations experience
- Experience with Monitoring platforms for on-premises and cloud technologies
- Concept understanding of Coding in Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
- Intermediate level LINUX support.
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Results oriented
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.