Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Best Western Design is looking for an in-house Architect to provide support to the design department, our member, conditional applicants and conversion properties by providing project design services, establishing design criteria, and/or acting as the lead for design initiatives.
Essential Job Results
* Meet company and professional design requirements by reviewing members reports, photos and plans to assess condition and correct design or compliance deficiencies based on the company design guidelines.
* Conceptualize and assist in implementing creative, appealing exterior hotel building design, lighting, landscaping, exterior pool/patio/driveways/entries/common areas, etc.
* Promote compliance with company and professional design standards by providing members with project design consulting services.
* Develop and prepare presentation drawings, sketches and specifications by using architectural design principles and skills. Apply functional analysis and architectural design principles and makes presentations to clients.
* Lead and monitor projects to ensure quality, workmanship standards, design guidelines, and compliance objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures.
* May visit properties to communicate required upgrades and write status reports.
Minimum 5 years related experience in architecture.
Hospitality/resort design experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong sketching and drafting skills. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD; proficiency in Google SketchUp; Photoshop, InDesgn preferred.
NCARB or AIA certification preferred.
Customer focused with good presentation skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in a specific application.
Routine travel of up to 10%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.