Content Traffic Specialist
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The Content Workflow Specialist manages the work intake for website content for bestwestern.com. As part of the eCommerce operations team, this role is responsible for routing content requests to the web authors, key stakeholders such as marketing, corporate communications and the user experience team to ensure that deadlines are met. Leveraging a world-class analytics platform and SEO tools, this role maintains site integrity for our global platform within the Best Western family of brands worldwide.
Effectively and accurately route work through our ticket tracking system and ensure complete loading of content as received from hotels or other internal departments. Update and maintain our tracking systems of all past, present and future content pages and be able to report on them. Ensure timely activation and deactivations of pages on the website as well as produce and maintain a weekly release schedule. Occasionally aid in authoring of web pages and/or testing of new versions of CMS tool. Help oversee that audits are completed on the site to review for outdated information, dead links, accurate spelling and grammar and defects are resolved. Collaborate with business partners to ensure we have an efficient workflow. Additionally, contribute to the overall team engagement as well as train/mentor/oversee the Property Operations team.
Essential Job Results
The team oversees a wide range of digital marketing efforts that include internal and consumer facing website initiatives, and development of our mobile application experience. Create and resolve requests by entering information into proprietary Best Western systems. Coordinates content changes and ensures the consistency and accuracy of data as well as timely publishing. Proactively reviews data for compliance with defined parameters based on information in operational playbook and author guides. Provides expertise by troubleshooting and solving problems on behalf of eCommerce by both independent efforts and collaboratively with internal departments. Recommends alternative solutions when necessary. Contributes to team effort by communicating with peers, other departments or property owners/management. Participates in special projects as assigned. A self-motivated individual will enjoy out of the box thinking, creativity, and helping others achieve their goals while still being able to enforce processes and rules in a professional manner.
Responsible for reviewing/submitting hourly employee timecards and requests. Engage with team to enhance individual development plans and objectives and key results with a focus of employee engagement.
- 2+ years of Content Traffic experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience with increasing responsibilities and leading team of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient with any CMS platform as well as digital assets
- Understanding of user workflow creation and approval/publishing processes within the CMS
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization, structure and grammar
- Maintaining brand voice, style and tone
- Maintain authoring and publishing standards
- Oversee that translation requests and submissions to pages, are created globally and in a cost efficient manner
- Familiar with publishing responsibilities and accuracy requirements
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional troubleshooting and complex problem solving
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and independent thinking
- Extremely well organized and proactive
- Excellent communication skills with both written and verbal. Ability to communicate with internal and external partners and the executive teams
- Reviews project needs and proofreads content with a keen eye for details. Analyze, report and present content or report on outcomes
- Create, manage and govern workflows and approval process
- High School diploma or equivalent certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999705544435