Department Assistant, Supply & Design
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Supports major functional department and/or management level position by performing advanced and confidential administrative functions.
Essential Job Results:
- Supports functional area by organizing and expediting workflow through the office. Initiates action and follow-up activity.
- Provides time management and operational support by coordinating schedules, and taking initiative on behalf of management in their absence.
- Supports budgeting process by assisting with budget preparation, analysis and compliance with department’s budget line.
- Prepares and communicates information by assisting in the preparation of Board reports, statistical data, charts, graphics, etc. of a complex and technical nature.
- Optimizes management’s time by screening telephone calls and responding to non-routine questions; furnishes information on complex issues to callers and visitors, and others outside of the department.
- Summarizes information for the department by preparing complex documents, presentations and graphs.
- Resolves problems by researching, collecting, analyzing and summarizing complex industry data and trends.
- Performs multi-faceted support functions, special projects. Completes diverse and multi-faceted projects.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of progressively more responsible administrative experience with the ability to function independently with a larger scope of responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require intermediate proficiency in one or more specific application.
- Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Works independently under general supervision and follows established procedures. Provides guidance on policies and procedures to less experienced representatives. Shows some initiative to accomplish assigned tasks. Typically reports to a Director or Managing Director who has broad functional responsibility.
- Regularly provides guidance and direction to others in department concerning priorities, policies and procedures. Effectively obtains information from others.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of organization, policies, procedures, practices, budget preparation, plus knowledge of personnel beyond assigned department.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Regular communication with members of the Board, senior executives and BWI members to provide information requiring some explanation of sometimes complex issues
- Resolves problems requiring research, interpretation and analysis of facts to form a conclusion.
- Suggests and implements process improvements when appropriate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.