Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Assists management by providing technical support and day-to-day work direction to technical team.
- Maintains information technology service, functionality and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring and assisting with the resolution of escalated questions and more complex problems.
Essential Job Results:
- Assists management by providing technical support and day-to-day work direction to technical team. Trains, coaches and mentors less experienced technicians. May assist in scheduling and coordinating workflow.
- Provides customer service by assisting internal and external customers with technical problems and information requests. Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services. Follows-up with customers to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Provides technical expertise in assigned area by troubleshooting and solving problems with vendors and systems. Enhances automation processes and coordinates with internal departments to recommend systems or production environment modifications or other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Facilitates smooth departmental operations by serving as a subject matter expert. Oversees proper problem escalation, notification and follow-up and ensures continuity of service levels and system functionality.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating with information systems contacts, other departments and/or property owners/management. Helps resolve database related customer service issues.
- Provides accurate documentation of issues and activity by monitoring and maintaining a trouble shooting tracking log.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in area of specialty.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require, A+, Net+, two Microsoft (MCP), CCNA, MCSE/MCSA or other certifications.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require technical skills in any combination of the following areas: Networks transmitting Voice/Data/Fax and LAN/WAN communications, TCP/IP or VSAT; SCAT, LYNX, Peoplesoft, CPM, Goldmine; A+, Net+.
- May require working knowledge of telecommunications, PC, mainframe or other information systems equipment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Provides guidance and work direction to others. Works under general supervision and exercises some independent judgment/discretion. Coaches and trains team members.
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others. Provides work direction, coaching and training to others in the department.
- Sound knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to the job. Sound technical know-how to meet job standards.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with both internal and external customers and departments to coordinate information and resolve problems.
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
- Applies experience to troubleshoot and resolve non-routine problems in area of specialty.
- Understands process and workflow.
- Other Requirements: May be assigned to any shift based on business need.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.