Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm - full time position, 40 hours per week.
- Work at both corporate office locations during the work week: 20400 North 29th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027 and 6201 North 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Assists management by providing technical support and day-to-day work direction to technical team. Maintains information technology service, functionality and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring and assisting with the resolution of escalated questions and more complex problems. Essential Job Results: Assists management by providing technical support and day-to-day work direction to technical team. Trains, coaches and mentors less experienced technicians. May assist in scheduling and coordinating workflow. Provides customer service by assisting internal and external customers with technical problems and information requests. Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services. Follows-up with customers to ensure satisfactory resolution. Provides technical expertise in assigned area by troubleshooting and solving problems with vendors and systems. Enhances automation processes and coordinates with internal departments to recommend systems or production environment modifications or other corrective actions as appropriate. Facilitates smooth departmental operations by serving as a subject matter expert. Oversees proper problem escalation, notification and follow-up and ensures continuity of service levels and system functionality. Contributes to team effort by communicating with information systems contacts, other departments and/or property owners/management. Helps resolve database related customer service issues. Provides accurate documentation of issues and activity by monitoring and maintaining a trouble shooting tracking log. Participates in special projects as assigned. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in desktop role.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require, A+, Net+, two Microsoft (MCP), CCNA, MCSE/MCSA or other certifications
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require technical skills in any combination of the following areas: Networks transmitting Voice/Data/Fax and LAN/WAN communications, TCP/IP or VSAT; SCAT, LYNX, Peoplesoft, CPM, Goldmine; A+, Net+.
- May require working knowledge of telecommunications, PC, mainframe or other information systems equipment.
- Strong customer service skills.
Accountability/Leadership/Knowledge/Relationship Management/Problem Solving
- Provides guidance and work direction to others. Works under general supervision and exercises some independent judgment/discretion.
- Sound knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to the job.
- Sound technical know-how to meet job standards.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with both internal and external customers and departments to coordinate information and resolve problems.
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
- Applies experience to troubleshoot and resolve non-routine problems in area of specialty.
- Understands process and workflow.
- May be assigned to any shift based on business need.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.