Director, Loyalty and Customer Engagement Marketing
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Leads cross-functional teams in development and deployment of marketing campaigns focused on driving revenue to Best Western Hotels
- Achieves company objectives by delivering cost-effective brand marketing programs, with measurable results for member hotels and Best Western Hotel Group globally
Essential Job Results:
- Leading Best Western’s Rewards (BWR) program, including creating and delivering member communications to drive engage and revenue. Marketing channels include email marketing, SMS messaging, Direct Mail, social media and other channels as needed
- Building BWR brand by identifying, developing and deploying creative strategies and concepts. Ensure integrity, consistency and effective execution of branding efforts.
- Leveraging CRM databases including building segmentation flowcharts for BWR marketing communications and maintaining direct marketing contact strategy rulesets
- Identifying emerging marketing and competitive trends, including direct competitor analyses and tracking.
- Developing marketing team talent by assessing strengths and weakness and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implements successful hiring and retention practices.
- Fostering strong relationships with internal stakeholders, as well as agency and other external partners.
- Driving continuous improvement by conceptualizing, developing and implementing new policies, processes or systems to improve marketing efficiency both domestically and with global stakeholders.
- Meeting financial objectives by overseeing and managing annual budgets.
- Delivering business results by building accountability and trust with marketing and sales teams and hotel membership.
- Developing and delivering presentations to internal stakeholders as well as hotel membership as needed.
- Directing reporting requirements and partnering with Analytics teams to deliver timely updates on results, including Executive and Board of Directors level insights
- Working in cross-functional environments to identify and deliver partnership opportunities to drive value to Best Western and BWR members
- Minimum 10 years related experience in brand marketing or corporate marketing in the hospitality industry
- Experience with CRM strategies, brand strategies, and brand differentiation. Thorough understanding of segmentation strategies and customer lifecycle mapping.
- Leading teams delivering tangible financial and market share results
- Cross-functional experience working with technology teams, creative teams, agency partners and within regulatory frameworks of customer engagement rules.
- A|B or multivariate testing experience preferred
- Experience working in multiple brand environments a plus. Global experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Experience with CRM system tools like UNICA, Salesforce/Exact Target, Salecycle, Responsys, Harmony, Watson Campaign Automation Acoustic, Adobe tools, a plus.
- Financial / budgeting acumen with financial accountability.
- Delivers tangible financial results and market share growth.
- Understands drivers of results, can easily explain variances to forecast and deliver strategies / tactics to drive revenue.
- Fosters a collaborative, supportive team environment and develops, mentors and trains team members, Maintains clear expectations and accountability with team members and encourages career growth among the team, Delivers regular feedback over and above regular annual and mid-year review cycles to ensure alignment on performance and expectations.
- Develops strong relationships across the organization, within the Marketing department but also across other internal teams and with external partners.
- Understands how the organization functions and can effectively maneuvers political situations.
- Conceptualizes an inspired vision for the BWR program
- Anticipates future trends and identifies opportunities with loyalty programs in the travel industry.
- Thorough industry knowledge preferred, especially in competitive sectors in which Best Western operates
- Professional know how to meet technical standards on email delivery.
- Global experience a plus.
- Builds strong relationships, and can effectively negotiate difficult environments.
- Effective and building consensus and influencing others, both internal and external to the organization to accept new concepts and approaches.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors as needed.
- Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and creative solutions. Successfully manages multiple, diverse projects, programs and/or processes.
- May require travel up to 50% of work time.
- Comfortable with a remote work environment, personally and/or with team members,
- May require participating or leading conference calls with partners in EMEA or APAC, necessitating work earlier or later than regular hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.