Director, Service Desk Technology Management
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Achieves departmental information technology results by leading the successful development, implementation and evaluation of system and software solutions.
Essential Job Results
Achieves departmental information technology results by leading the successful development, implementation and evaluation of system and software solutions and/or projects. Develops and directs execution of mid range technology strategies for assigned areas. Ensures IT projects meet business needs and department standards by collaborating and building effective business relationships with client departments. Reviews and approves functional policies and procedures consistent with Company standards and system requirements. Informs information technology team, in assigned area, on new and emerging trends. Motivates and develops information technology staff by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implements successful hiring and retention strategies. Manages technology by developing departmental technology plan. Proposes, and negotiates technology solutions in accordance with Company goals and functional guidelines. Ensures delivery of reliable high performance applications and technical services. Meets financial objectives by overseeing and managing annual budget. Delivers business results by building accountability and trust with information technology teams and membership. Leverages relationships with other departments, members or strategic partners. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality
- Develop an IT End User strategy and global operating model (organization, talent, employees, vendors, processes, technologies)
- Foster an environment of superior customer support from all IT support staff.
- Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners through a portfolio of services, projects, operational processes and metrics.
- Implement policies, procedures, automation and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services
- Handle technical escalations, provide timely resolution of problems or engage lead staff for assistance.
- App Support - Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to Application support staff and facilitate communication, timeline completion, and integration of technology, systems and security.
- Responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge base of technical support solutions.
- Responsible for standardizing the end-user experience through training orientation and, installation and configuration of software on computer systems. Also, analyze and trend outages, gaps in support and organizations needs to align departmental and organizational objectives
- Minimum 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility in the End User Services
- Critical and structured thinking, business acumen and executive level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies, organizational structures, operating model and plans; ability to objectively assess, articulate and constructively debate major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks and considerations for multiple alternatives and incorporate input from other stakeholders
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 IT End User Operations
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, defining specifications, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Financial / budgeting acumen with financial accountability.
- Ability to resolve divergent interests and make quick, effective decisions.
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of assigned departments’ operations, contracts and accounting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.