Director, Treasury and Risk Management Phoenix based w/hybrid in office work schedule
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
The Director will be responsible for directing BW’s treasury operations to include our investment strategy, corporate risk programs and global cash positions. This role reports to the CFO and will have significant engagement with the executive leadership team and our Board of Directors..
Essential Job Results
- Manage daily cash position, daily wires, domestic and international bank accounts, bank relationships and funds movements. Execute and adhere to Delegation of Authority and Funds Transfer policies.
- Manage foreign currency exchange positions for multiple currencies and bank accounts. Manage Canadian and European foreign exchange gain/losses. Buy foreign currency when needed
- Oversee global cash movement and repatriation in collaboration with legal and tax accounting to include overseeing transfer pricing, intercompany loan, and shared service agreements and foreign currency exchanges and positions
- Oversee investment strategy program to include working with third-party financial advisors, providing updates to the Board of Directors, serving on the Investment Advisory Committee, etc. Execute and adhere to Investment Policy Statement, meet monthly with advisors, reporting findings to Board at least quarterly.
Corporate Insurance / Member Insurance - Risk Management
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s global insurance program. Responsible for securing corporate and corporate hotels insurance coverage, working jointly with brokers and legal staff.
- Responsible for member and hotel insurance compliance program, working with the company’s third-party compliance processor, ensuring an effective member insurance compliance process, and assisting hotels to become compliant with insurance requirements
- Build, maintain and endorsed insurance vendors to benefit our members and hotels
Credit Card Programs / Member Financing Program
- Responsible for company’s credit card programs offered to hotels worldwide, working closely with endorsed credit card processors and credit card companies. Monitor and advise on credit card chargebacks.
10+ years related accounting experience, including management level assignments. Experience in both major public accounting firms and private industry. Prior experience leading treasury operations to include global payments, and cash and risk management solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master of Business Administration preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Strong financial acumen with financial accountability including budgets and forecasting.
- Prior leadership experience with ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop staff.
- Provides inspired vision for programs and anticipates future trends.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- In-depth understanding of domestic and/or international departments operations, contracts and accounting.
- May travel up to 10% of work time.
- This Director position will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters location in Phoenix, AZ with a hybrid in-office/work at home schedule.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.