Education & Training Specialist
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Supports the organization by assisting in delivering training programs, courses, or other instructional material or educational tools.
Essential Job Results:
- Contributes to member and organizational value by supporting training programs for member property owners, general managers, department managers, line-level and headquarters staff. Facilitates system support and trainings for General Manager programs.
- Ensures consistency across operations by delivering solutions targeted at member hotels, corporate employees, or clients of the organization. Enables use of the training systems and facilitates live training production, including some program administration.
- Ensures training content is accurate and thorough by collaborating with subject matter experts. Enhances systems, processes, and policies by evaluating the results of training programs and assisting in implementing changes to better meet training goals. Identifies problems and revises procedures. Assists in developing user learning management system acceptance criteria, test plans, and participates in user acceptance testing.
- Acts as the liaison between the Education & Training department and general member-base with their training needs. Provides training and reporting to users, supervisors, administrators, and others who interact with the learning and training systems.
- May act as project manager for small projects as assigned.
- Ensures that any e-learning third party content is accurate to the designated audience; that it is implemented and integrated in the learning systems.
- Accurately tracks new, deleted, and revised items and ensures proper documentation of the events in the learning systems.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
Strong background in computer technology and/or use of learning management systems preferred; knowledge of audio/video production and processes highly recommended. Experience in hospitality industry preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in hotel administration, education, business or related field or equivalent travel, hospitality or LMS and audio/video-related experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in one or more specific applications.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of databases and their relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and recommend process improvement.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of learning technologies ranging from Learning Management System (LMS) to web-enabled learning solutions in the context of effective instructional design and performance support
- Basic to advanced knowledge of audio/video production for virtual environments
Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others.
Familiar with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to job. Demonstrates proficiency in functional and technical skills needed to succeed in job.
- Conveys and obtains information both internal and external to the department. Shares new concepts and approaches with others.
- Uses written verbal or electronic skills to communicate effectively with a variety of levels in the organization.
Resolves familiar problems and understands process flow. Makes good decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
May travel up to 10% of work time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.