Enterprise Analytics Data Engineer
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture.
Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Are you a skilled Enterprise Analytics professional with a knack for data and reporting seeking to take your career to the next level? If so, the Enterprise Analytics Data Engineer role at BWH Hotel Group could be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Data Engineer to be part of a lean team that builds, supports, and maintains EA components in our Enterprise Analytics Environment. You'll have the opportunity to help plan and maintain our dynamic EA environment. You will be a member of a team of technology professionals in support of BWH Hotel Group Enterprise Analytics Center of Excellence. The incumbent will lead and contribute to business projects, cloud strategy and design, capacity management, and support activities.
Essential Job Results
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- 2+ years of professional experience in business intelligence / enterprise analytics or similar capacity
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Experience working with and creating datasets and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies a plus.
- Hospitality Industry experience a plus but not required.
SageMaker, Python, Redshift, Lambda, CloudFormation, Glue, QuickSight, AWS DMS, SQL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.