ERP Engineer (Workday) - Remote
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Develops cost effective information technology solutions in support of Company’s business software by analyzing, designing, developing business solutions, developing, and maintaining reporting, and/configuring software solutions. Increases system efficiency and reliability by handling moderately complex tasks and/or activities. Delivers reliable high-performance applications and technical services, and problem-solving expertise for user interface issues and training.
Essential Job Results:
- Creates, enhances, evaluates, and maintains systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties, using agile methodology.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Workday Financial Management and/or Workday HCM.
- Provides technical troubleshooting and functional support for business users of Workday.
- Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and identifying creative solutions. Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers.
- Delivers system enhancements by recommending innovative solutions. Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability.
- Maintains (or creates) documentation of the Workday systems, design, processes, and policies. Experience in supporting and developing requirements and technical documentation.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to enhance Workday Financials and HCM business processes (e.g., modify custom validations, condition rules, approvals, etc.), to support ongoing business process changes.
- Provide new functionality knowledge transfer sessions to business users.
- Develops a working understanding of business unit functions. Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions.
- Ensures data integrity and creates and manages advanced reports, scheduled and ad hoc. Experience in composite/matrix reporting, and BIRTs.
- Monitors and triages integrations (Core Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIBs), Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems. May interface with vendors to resolve issues.
- Protects the company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality. Complies with security policies and procedures.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience providing technical and/or functional support in Workday modules. Workday Pro Certified in any area is a plus.
- Minimum three (3) to four (4) years related programming/systems analysis experience, or equivalent business systems experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in creating Workday security groups and roles.
- Expertise in some or all the Workday Financials modules including business assets, cash management, customer accounts, expenses, financial accounting, planning, procurement, revenue management, and supplier accounts.
- Experience in Workday HCM including but not limited to time-tracking, recruiting, benefits, payroll, and absence management.
- Willingness to learn additional Workday modules as job requires.
- Proficiency with Workday advanced report type using a variety of report data sources, business objects, and calculated fields.
- Experience or working knowledge of inbound and outbound EIBs, connectors, Studio and Mass Data loads.
- Working knowledge of XSLT, REST-based web services, databases/tools, or Java is a plus.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize, use proficient time management and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to produce clear and concise documentation of processes and changes.
- Ability to work and simplify processes with stakeholders using highly effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills.
- Strong team collaboration and communication
- Remote position within the U.S.
- Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others.
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures, and technical parameters specific to the job. Has basic functional and technical know-how to succeed in job. Learns new functional and technical skills readily.
- Conveys and obtains information both internal and external to the department. Uses written, verbal of electronic skills effectively.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.