Financial Analyst - Internal Audit & Fraud
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Essential Job Results:
Support and assist management across business units and functions in fraud prevention, detection, protecting assets, and securing data. Primary responsibility includes reviewing and following up on exceptions noted in fraud detection reports, evaluation and testing internal controls, and evolving existing and implementing new fraud reports and controls. This position will perform ongoing monitoring of program reports and transactions for unusual trends or fraudulent behavior, with follow-up research and investigations. This role will also assist with the completion of internal audit and consulting projects as needed.
- Maintain high level of expertise regarding fraud schemes and trends in the hospitality industry, preventive controls, and investigative techniques.
- Manage multiple projects including internal audit reviews and fraud monitoring for various departments.
- Generate and monitor fraud and other risk management reports. Monitor risk management reports to identify fraud patterns in the loyalty, travel agent IATA, supplier, travel card, and other programs. Make recommendations to remediate control gaps or weaknesses.
- Collaborate with business units to understand fraud risks and develop effective internal controls to prevent and detect fraud. Also ensure that corrective actions are properly implemented.
- Perform investigations of alleged fraud, waste, and mismanagement. Prepare thorough, accurate work papers; compose concise reports and summaries.
- Assist in the development and delivery of anti-fraud training programs and materials.
- Perform financial analysis and modeling as needed. Track open and pending fraud cases. Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation.
Minimum 2 years related financial analysis experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems, or equivalent field is preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for exceptional candidates.
Proficiency with MS Office Products, with SQL experience being a plus.
Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.