Human Resources Business Partner
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Accomplishes departmental objectives by serving as business partner/internal consultant in support of a specified business unit. Works with leadership to implement human resource strategies to drive short/long term business objectives.
Essential Job Results:
Accomplishes departmental objectives by serving as business partner/internal consultant in support of a specified business unit. Coaches key business leaders on leading and managing their organizations effectively.
Diagnoses organizational effectiveness issues and implements solutions in order to improve business plan results.
Achieves strategic business goals by implementing performance improvement solutions and recommending process improvements.
Motivates and develops client team members by delivering training programs, coaching, mentoring, teambuilding, and facilitation/resolution of employee relations issues. Communicates and counsels employees on Company policies and practices, career development, and the impact of organizational changes.
Provides seamless service excellence to business unit by interacting and coordinating with internal human resources team and partnering with human resources management to implement organizational and human resource initiatives that best meet the needs of the overall Company and the individual business unit.
- Minimum 7 years related human resource experience, including employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Sr. Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS database, preferably Workday.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and trust.
- May travel up to 20% of work time.