Instructional Designer, Training
If you are a creative and innovative training development professional that is passionate about developing content and instructional guides, you will quickly see the rewards of your efforts as an Instructional Designer for Best Western.
The individual with a driven and self-starting personality will be a seamless fit in our growing environment as you collaborate with our business units to create training programs. We will look to your experience to develop and launch comprehensive learning solutions that will educate our corporate and field based employees as well as Best Western hotel members and staff. We want you to build and maintain relationships as you consult, collaborate and influence department heads and business partners to create best in class learning programs. When you join the Education and Training team at Best Western, you join a group with a passion for education and the security of an industry-leading, highly successful global organization, where you will have the independence to create and develop.
As the Instructional Designer at Best Western’s headquarter offices in Phoenix AZ your primary mission will be to develop various training programs for all internal customers. We will give you the freedom to take the process from beginning to end - conducting needs assessment, to content development and to implementation. With your deeply rooted expertise in e-Learning and courseware development, you will partner with internal subject matter experts to develop training products that meet the needs of our corporate and field personnel. As a thought leader you will encourage the development of innovative solutions while working with a team to understand their requirements and learning objectives and develop course materials for classroom based, web based and modular instructional formats. You will utilize your project management expertise as you map and guide the production of e-Learning and other training courses from the original requirements document or sketch, to development, then to production. 3-5 years of instructional design, solid knowledge of existing technology and a passion for emerging technology will give you the skills needed to be successful in this role. The work you do as an Instructional Designer will be critical to our continued growth and contribute to the overall business health of our growing organization.
Best Western is the right organization for a driven self-starter who wants to work in an environment where their hard work is valued.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills
- Perform thorough needs assessment of targeted demographics and design curriculum. Identify which methodologies would be used to deliver content. Identify and focus on existing and emerging technology that will form part of the final course.
- Create fluid content to ensure learners remain engaged and courses see minimal attrition. Ensure content/courses cater effectively to a wide variety of learners; modularize and update existing instructor-led and online content and curate the most relevant content to be included in the course.
- Work with subject matter experts, devise modes of assessment and interactions to ensure optimum efficacy of the course. Collaborate with all parties involved to brainstorm the aesthetics of the curriculum.
- Working with existing style guide and philosophy, create brand focused course work and materials that are professional/learner friendly and ensure the learners are not overwhelmed by the experience.
- Extensive experience with Articulate 360 and/or earlier versions of the software (Storyline, Rise) to create coursework. Also well versed in Adobe design products, including Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop. Any audio and video editing tools is a plus and LMS experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required to maintain current and build new collaborative relationships across all departments. Implement decisions after thorough discussions and an ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
Best Western Hotels and Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vib®, GLo®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-price hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.