Internal Communications Manager
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
The Internal Communications Manager will:
- Support the company’s internal communications efforts to include: developing and implementing effective communication strategies and plans that promote awareness regarding brand initiatives, build effective storytelling, and enhance satisfaction and engagement among internal stakeholders.
- Develop and distribute informative and engaging key messaging for internal publications, including newsletters, video scripts, speeches, email communications, etc.
- Responds to communication needs by identifying, developing and implementing recommendations and/or creative strategies to meet client and departmental needs.
- Takes accountability for assigned client communications projects or programs by cultivating relationships and coordinating with hoteliers, clients and the communications and brand marketing team.
- Once onboarded and trained, this position offers a hybrid work schedule with work from home opportunities.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years related, professional level experience in communications, marketing or the hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles to success.
- May convey sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- May travel up to 25% of work time.
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.