IT Engineer 1 - Workday ERP
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Develops cost effective information technology solutions in support of Company’s business software by analyzing, designing, developing business solutions, developing and maintaining reporting, and/configuring software solutions. Increases system efficiency and reliability by handling moderately complex tasks and/or activities. Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services, and problem-solving expertise for user interface issues and training.
Essential Job Results:
Creates, enhances, evaluates and maintains systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties, using agile methodology. Serves as subject matter expert for Workday Financial Management product suite. Exposure to, or willingness to learn, additional WD modules including HCM, payroll, and security. Provides technical troubleshooting and functional support for business users of WD Financials products. Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and identifying creative solutions. Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers.
Delivers system enhancements by recommending innovative solutions. Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability. Maintains (or creates) documentation of the WD systems, design, processes, and policies. May maintain integration related requirements and technical documentation. Collaborates with internal business partners to enhance WD Financials business processes (e.g. modify custom validations, condition rules, approvals, etc.), to support ongoing business process changes. Develops a working understanding of business unit functions. Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions. Ensures data integrity and creates and manages advanced reports, scheduled and ad hoc. Willing to learn composite/matrix reporting, and BIRTs.
Monitors and triages integrations (Core Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIBs), Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems. May interface with vendors to resolve issues. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality. Complies with security policies and procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing technical and/or functional support in Workday Financials modules. Workday Pro Certified in any area is a plus.
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years related programming/systems analysis experience, or equivalent business systems experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in some or all of the Workday Financials modules including business assets, cash management, customer accounts, expenses, financial accounting, planning, procurement, revenue management, and supplier accounts.
- Proficiency with Workday advanced report type using a variety of report data sources, business objects, and calculated fields.
- Experience or working knowledge of inbound and outbound EIBs and Mass Data loads.
- Working knowledge of XSLT, REST-based web services, Oracle databases/tools, or Java is a plus.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Able to produce clear and concise documentation of processes and changes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999702498661