Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is actively seeking a qualified IT professional for a Linux IT Operations Specialist opportunity located in the North Phoenix area. The Linux IT Operations Specialist will provide a high level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for client-critical systems. You will maintain information technology service, functionality and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servers and networks.
Essential Job Results
- Will train, coach and mentor less experienced technicians and assist in scheduling and coordinating workflow.
- Provides customer service by assisting internal and external customers with technical problems and information requests.
- Deliver reliable high performance applications, technical services and follow-up with customers to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Provide technical expertise in assigned area by troubleshooting and solving problems with vendors and systems.
- Enhance automation processes and coordinate with internal departments to recommend system or production environment modifications and other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Facilitate smooth departmental operations by serving as a subject matter expert.
- Oversee proper problem escalation, notification and follow-up to ensure continuity of service levels and system functionality.
- Contribute to team effort by communicating with information systems contacts and other departments.
- Help to resolve database related customer service issues.
- Provide accurate documentation of issues and activity by monitoring and maintaining a troubleshooting tracking log.
- Minimum 4 years of IT related experience in a technical support role while monitoring and responding to critical technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related IT field OR equivalent professional experience.
- Functional background supporting Unix/ Linux flavors related to systems administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- RedHat Linux experience strongly preferred.
- Be a team-player with a passion for technology and continued professional development
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Commvault or similar back-up software.
- General understanding of database user account administration.
- Working knowledge of application recovery, ticketing systems and monitoring software.
- Strong background in troubleshooting and being able to apply critical thinking skills in order to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- A+, Net+ or other relative IT certifications preferred.
- Scripting experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.