Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Our Administrative Service department is in need of an experienced Facilities Representative to provide general building maintenance our corporate office locations.
The Facilities Representative will be responsible for:
- Enhancing the operational readiness of electrical, mechanical, emergency fire/safety systems by performing more complex repairs and maintenance requiring advanced skills.
- Servicing auxiliary equipment and Company vehicles, making mechanical adjustments, modifications and repairs as needed.
- Maintaining current and accurate information by monitoring and updating equipment operational and maintenance logs.
- Keeping up to date records for warranty service. Requisitioning supplies and parts as needed.
- Meeting compliance objectives by performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures and manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Contributing to our teams efforts by performing various and diverse special projects and assignments as directed.
- Working with and directing vendors and contracted services staff in the performance of their work.
- The starting salary for this role is estimated to be between $18 and $20 per hour. Base pay, however, will be determined based on several factors, which include but are not limited to, applicable skills, work experience, education, business needs & market demands.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm at our HQ location: 6201 North 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
- 2 + years progressive building maintenance experience in a facilities services environment or completion of trade school.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Solid working knowledge of computerized energy management systems and service maintenance.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs Dexterity and ability to climb to roof or top of facilities (40-50 ft)
- Mobility includes ability to pull cable, crawl, bend, kneel and stretch.
- Must be available to work flexible hours; may need to be available for calls 24 hours a day.
- Valid driver’s license, serviceable automobile and proof of insurance.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.