Manager - eCommerce Optimization- Virtual
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Our eCommerce department is responsible for driving revenue from our digital channels. The team oversees a wide range of digital efforts that include consumer facing websites, organic search engine optimization, A/B testing, content management strategies, and mobile applications.
This role leverages external service providers to deliver design, optimization, and user experience programs. Under the direction of the eCommerce leadership team, this role will execute, through service providers, digital experience strategies including: UI/UX enhancements to bestwestern.com and the Best Western to GoTM mobile apps, ongoing testing and optimization of key task flows, competitive research and development of digital best practices.
This position reports to the Director, eCommerce Programs, and will be primarily remote, supported by our Beardsley Operations Center.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day contact with agency and internal teams ensuring all deliverables met on a timely basis
- Monitor and report on competitive research and emerging experiences in the travel/hospitality space
- Create reports tracking the performance of the guest experience and testing outcomes
- Maintain testing calendar, prioritizing projects according to internal and external resources
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify optimization opportunities along key consumer pages
- Use data to understand customer pain points and develop tests to remove friction and increase conversion
- Refine processes to efficiently facilitate testing and optimization efforts at scale
- Assist with QA and UAT of experimentation and optimization projects and efforts
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- You love getting things done and have the energy and drive to move fast and deliver results every single day
- You have a strong sense of accountability and ownership. You’re also independent and work well with limited direction
- You’re able to connect and communicate with a wide range of people and teams and can provide clear directions and expectations to teams hundreds of miles away
- You thrive collaborating with internal stakeholders and vendors to achieve agreed upon goals
- You efficiently manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- You operate with minimal supervision in a complex and ambiguous work environment
- You own making decisions as well as knowing when decisions need to be escalated
- 3-5 years of experience in a project management role or comparable experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience with increasing responsibilities
- Vendor management experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work against project timelines
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- People management experience required
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.