Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Promotes the Company’s business development objectives by creating and implementing marketing plans, proposals and promotions and developing market opportunities. Manages programs and brand to meet marketing goals.
Essential Job Results
- Identifies marketing opportunities by defining and analyzing the market and competitive environment for assigned area.
- Creates marketing plans by developing sales and/or pricing strategies, action plans and goals.
- Research, identify and develop product enhancements.
- Wins market share by coordinating, developing and implementing advertising and promotional programs that meet profit objectives.
- Meets financial objectives by preparing annual budgets.
- Negotiates with outside vendors as appropriate.
- Manages reporting by reviewing, analyzing and presenting information.
- Develops measurement strategies.
- Contributes to team effort by developing relationships with field sales staff, members and strategic partners.
- Maintains quality service by recommending and following Company standards.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years related, professional level experience in marketing or the hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Financial and budgeting acumen.
- Provides operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Receives tactical direction on new products, processes or plans.
- May attract, retain, motivate and develop staff.
- Conveys sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- Basic competition and industry knowledge.
- Professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Convinces others, normally within the organization to accept new concepts and approaches.
- May negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers.
- Manages single large and/or multiple, smaller/simpler projects, programs or processes.
- May travel up to 20% of work time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.