Manager Of Communications, PR
Utilize your media relations and corporate messaging skills in this exciting and creative opportunity at Best Western Hotels & Resorts as a Manager of Communications, Public Relations. This is your chance to devise and drive the reputation and awareness of a major hotel brand. You will be part of a cohesive team, surrounded by individuals who share common professional goals and are driven by a passion to succeed.
As our Manager of Communications, Public Relations based in our Phoenix, Arizona headquarters, you will act as a proactive, business partner by crafting communications that influence internal or external public thinking and/or actions. Drawing upon your previous experiences, you will support the Senior Director of Corporate Communications in managing media relations for the US and Canada. Using your excellent written communication skills, you will be directly tasked with crafting press releases, editing and creating content/articles, supporting media events among other duties. Your professional confidence and verbal communication skills will also be important in this role, enabling you to balance tact and eloquence as you interface internally with top executive management and externally with our partners, media, and other Best Western affiliate offices.
Top candidates will fulfill the required results for this position by bringing the following to the role:
Essential Job Results
- Develops and implements strategic communications plans or programs by cultivating relationships, acting as a consultant and leveraging business strategies.
- Performs internal consultancy by identifying business opportunities and needs and builds the business case. Researches and writes responses or messages. Ensures optimal communication placement.
- Meets financial objectives by effectively coordinating internal resources and adhering to schedules and budgets. Sources, bids, negotiates and manages outside vendors as appropriate.
- Manages information and reporting by reviewing, analyzing and presenting information.
- Contributes to team effort by developing relationships with the marketing team and/or media or allied organizations.
- May specialize in a communication channel such as speech, print, broadcast or internet. May act as spokesperson for the client. May plan or manage special events.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years related, professional level experience in communications, marketing or the hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May provide operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals. Receives tactical direction on new products, processes or plan
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles to success.
- May convey sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- Basic functional and industry knowledge. Professional know how to meet technical standards.
- Builds relationships. Gets messages across to have the desired effect. May negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers. Deals comfortably with concepts.
- May travel up to 25% of work time.
Best Western Hotels and Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vib®, GLo®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-priced hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.