Managing Director, Revenue Management & Distribution Services
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Essential Job Results
- Integrates revenue management programs and processes by directing, developing and coordinating overall strategy and revenue management efforts for assigned areas. Shares revenue management services vision and key messages.
- Achieves revenue and REVPAR goals by establishing Key Performance Indicators and implementing business initiatives to support those metrics.
- Drives hotel satisfaction and profitability by leading, developing, hiring and retaining a customer-focused, revenue management team that is committed to providing quality services.
- Motivates and develops revenue management team by assessing the strengths and weakness and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implements successful hiring and retention practices.
- Meets financial objectives by overseeing and managing annual budget. Maximizes return on departmental funding and capital investments.
- Delivers business results by building accountability and trust with revenue management team and hotels. Leverages relationships with staff, members, the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, and strategic partners to achieve strategic objectives.
- Oversees multiple technology systems of the EDS department for onward distribution of rates, photos, and content on booking platforms by ensuring design requirements, project scoping, testing, and implementation are successfully achieved.
- Directs the quality assurance assessment of Availability, Rates and Inventory (ARI) and related content to measure and improve accuracy of systems and reporting.
- Minimum 5 years revenue management experience with a focus on strategic pricing models. 10-years preferred.
- 7 or more years progressively responsible experience in sales and marketing preferred.
- Experience with hospitality distribution systems.
- Experience leading a large dynamic team highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel, business or related field, or equivalent hotel operations experience
- Master of Business Administration degree preferred.
- Proven, strong experience in Microsoft Office products, revenue management systems, and revenue management-related databases and tools.
- Financial / budgeting acumen with financial accountability.
- Strong functional knowledge of current hospitality trends and technology and ability to deliver operational benefits.
- Certified Hotel Revenue Manager (CHRM) and Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) preferred.
- Provides strategic direction.
- Receives strategic guidance with longer-term focus.
- Attracts, retains, motivates and develops staff.
- Primary accountability for department results.
- Demonstrates financial/budgeting acumen.
- Maneuvers political environment with high level of visibility.
- Shares strategic vision with internal or external publics.
- Capable of breakthrough thinking to develop and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Strong knowledge of competition and industry.
- Broad professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Convinces others, both internal and external to the organization, to accept new concepts and approaches.
- Communicates effectively with executive management and board members.
- Resolves generally defined problems using complex concepts.
- Keen ability to interpolate results from varied information sources, determine root cause and recommend systemic solutions.
- Successfully directs managers of multiple, diverse projects, programs and/or processes.
- 20% travel required.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.