Managing Director, Worldwide Sales - BWH | Hotel Group Europe
BWH | Hotel Group is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay® Hotel Group. This creates a global network across every chain scale segment, in nearly 100 countries and territories worldwide.
The Managing Director of Worldwide Sales is responsible for providing strategic leadership to our sales efforts across the European region in support of our overall business development and brand objectives.Reporting to the Vice President of Worldwide Sales - the MD will:
- Identify strategic business opportunities by directing competitive analysis, evaluating market position, and developing sales plans to drive industry-leading revenue contribution to our hoteliers.
- Create new business opportunities for the organization through strong relationship leadership in key business verticals, most notability MICE and business travel.
- Expand the BWH | Hotel Group brand image and B2B success by educating our hoteliers on today’s marketplace and how the brand and property teams support business activation by participating in brand sales programs with rates, inventory, and other partner requirements to ensure we are a valued partner of our clients.
- Achieve market penetration and hotelier engagement by tracking performance to Key Performance Indicators and business metrics.
- Meet financial objectives by directing region's sales budget. Manage funding to optimize revenue contribution.
- Drive our hotelier satisfaction and guest loyalty by leading, developing, hiring and retaining a customer-focused, sales team that is committed to providing quality services.
- Provide strategic direction on sales plans by sharing our vision and coaching sales team on delivering on our promise. Identify need for course corrections as needed.
- Motivate, develop and ensure sales team accountability by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate development and training opportunities. In partnership with Human Resources, implement successful hiring and retention practices.
- Integrate sales programs and processes, and encourages effective communication, by developing strong relationships and maintaining open communication with our hoteliers and all departments within the Company.
- Collaborate with peers across marketing, operational and development leadership to leverage regional strengths and opportunities. Identify the need for and communicate course correction as needed.
- Be the role model of our vision for sales and share key messages.
- Considered candidates should possess:
- Minimum 10 years of working experience leading global sales teams.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of our competition and have an in-depth knowledge of the needs of our hoteliers and what our customers want.
- Strong problem solving skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion.
- Superior communication skills. Able to take complex messages and formulate them into clear, understandable, and convincing terms.
- Financial and budgeting acumen with corresponding financial accountability.
- Exceptional leadership skills, able to move and inspire a cross-functional group, leading it into a unified direction and with a common vision.
- Strong relationship building skills, having an ability to leverage partnerships across the business as well as externally.
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner, be self-motivated and proactive, and display composure and calmness under stress and uncertainty while inspiring the same in others.
May travel up to 50% of work time.
Multiple language fluency (English, French, German) a plus.
Position can be based in Frankfurt, Milan, Dublin or London. Other European locations may be considered.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999696981920