Product Manager, Supply & Design (AZ - hybrid in offer and remote)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Provides members with quality, cost effective products and service by developing, implementing and maintaining purchasing programs. Evaluates and selects suppliers and negotiates contracts.
Essential Job Results
Provides members with quality, cost effective products and service by developing, implementing and maintaining purchasing programs. Recommends, develops and implements purchasing methods and systems by analyzing data on purchasing terms and alternative purchasing options. Creatively promotes the Supply function’s value to the Company, and to members, by developing promotional materials and demonstrating products. Maintains a high level of customer service by anticipating problems and initiating appropriate course corrections. Serves as a liaison between members, vendors and the Company. Ensures suppliers meet performance standards by monitoring results. Evaluates suppliers’ capability to cost effectively meet quality requirements, specifications and delivery schedules and makes recommendations as appropriate. Optimizes pricing and Supply revenue for members and the Company respectively by negotiating vendor contracts to ensure cost feasibility and compliance. May assist in planning and operation of tradeshows. Responsible for training new buyers and assistants.
- 5 + years progressive, related purchasing experience including program development.
- Hospitality or travel industry experience preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with contract negotiations, purchasing, or product management preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets and formulas)
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Work on-site at HQ location, 3 days per week, with 2 days per week from home. HQ address: 6201 North 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ.
- May travel up to 25% of work time.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.