Product Owner - Editor
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The eCommerce Product Owner / Editor will take the vision developed by the leadership team and working with internal teams, refine the visions and requirements, participate in user story writing and shape the online customer experience. This is a position with high exposure and one that will work with cross-functional teams on a daily basis.
Supporting a global multi-lingual website, this role will focus on both external and internal facing websites with a focus on the tools and process supporting content authors.
Use voice of customer and scientific knowledge to make improvements to the customer experience and presentation of content
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and approaches problem solving, teamwork, and innovation with a positive attitude. This person has a very strong understanding of our customers. They also understand business fundamentals and can develop and articulate a decision supporting framework that focuses on delivering the most value.
- Prioritizes the product backlog items and coordinates with stakeholders Defines success metrics for the product and identifies key levers that can be moved to deliver success
- Develops epics and user stories for all new functionality, presents user stories to product teams and ensures new functionality meets the acceptance criteria
- Partners with stakeholders to help define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) that delivers incremental value; Ensures MVP aligns with product vision and companies strategic goals.
- Works with the eCommerce leadership team and other Product Owners on release planning and prioritize cross-team dependencies.
- Inspects sprint deliverables' to ensure quality delivery
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the product vertical
- Communicates work in progress and upcoming work to key stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
- A strategic and analytical mindset
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile methodologies
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Preferred Skills and Education
- 2+ years of relevant Product Owner or Business Analyst experience in an Agile software product development environment
- Agile Product Owner certification
- Usability testing experience
- Experience with schedule-based and feature-based releases
- Experience collaborating with UX resources
- Experience with iterative delivery
- Hospitality industry experience
Work Location: 20400 North 29th Avenue, Phoenix AZ 85027