Regional Service Manager - Boutique & Upscale Hotels
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Manage and improve member value by promoting brand objectives; providing operational consulting, coaching, quality assessments and related property support. Provides on-going training to owners, management, and staff to support operations and brand culture. Develops relationships and builds trust as the primary member contact between Best Western International and assigned boutique and upscale properties.
Essential Job Results
Improves member value by providing brand training, marketing and related property support. Provides hotel operations consulting services (e.g., revenue management, sales and marketing, property management and brand training) to improve property performance. Uses all relevant tools and resources to statistically analyze and improve operational success through profitability and guest satisfaction. Consistently applies Best Western quality assurance standards by conducting property visits and assessments targeted at improving individual properties and the brand image. Provides corrective action plans as required. Meets established transition deadlines by researching, collaborating, identifying, and evaluating pipeline projects to avoid complications. Ensures value and satisfaction by effectively managing varying projects; assists with timely hotel openings to meet brand growth objectives by managing and/or assisting with the property transition program and brand trainings. Communicates brand initiatives by promoting Best Western resources; monitors hotel leadership in their application of brand approaches and guidelines. Supports brand initiatives; building value by conducting field-training workshops for owners, management and staff on varied topics with a significant focus on superior customer care. Design, develop and facilitate onboarding training programs aimed to create and support the boutique brand culture. Provide onsite pre and post-activation support for new boutique and upscale hotels. Contributes to the team effort with timely communication between members and Best Western departments. Achieves production and budget standards by effectively planning and scheduling property visits and travel. Ensures a seamless and expedient transition by conducting effective visits to applicant properties.
- Minimum of 5 years hotel General Manager experience or equivalent. Multi-property management experience preferred. Strong consideration towards professional training experience; current knowledge of adult learning concepts, content creation, facilitation and training techniques.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong presentation/training skills.
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) strongly preferred.
- Certified Hospitality Trainer (CHT) strongly preferred.
- Ability to attain Best Western Quality Assurance Assessor certification.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed. Solid ability to coach, develop and influence, inspiring others.
- May travel up to 80% of work time.
- Valid driver’s license, serviceable automobile and proof of insurance based on Company guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.