Security Officer - Corporate Offices - 1st shift
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
- This position will work Tuesdays thru Saturdays -7:00am to 3:00pm.
- This position will work four (4) shifts at our North Phoenix Location - 20400 North 29th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ & one (1) shift at our Headquarters Location - 6201 North 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ.
As an onsite Security Officer, this position contributes to safety and security of the employees, visitors, members and grounds of the Best Western corporate offices.
The Security Officer is responsible for:
- Greeting and assisting employees and visitors as they enter BW facilities.
- Controlling access by monitoring all entry points and and grounds.
- Monitoring and ensuring badges are worn by all company personnel and visitors at all times.
- Providing secure and safe facilities by patrolling parking areas, grounds and entry points to property for breaches, maintenance problems and fire and building hazards ensuring irregularities are communicated appropriately.
- Monitoring and tracking all security related situations by logging any events.
- Helping ensure all safety and security equipment is in proper working order.
- Contributing to team effort by assisting Administrative Services with the inspection of critical equipment throughout the facility, completing set up of meeting space and miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed.
- Minimum 1 year security experience in commercial or corporate environment.
- High School diploma equivalent certification.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with BW employees and visitors.
- Communicates effectively in a pleasant, professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the overall Security/Administrative Services department.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- CCTV and Access Control preferred
- Exhibits agility dealing with difficult customers and situations.
- Knowledge of fire alarm panel systems preferred.
- Extended periods of standing/walking/climbing stairs.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb, twist, and lift 50 lbs.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.