Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
May cover shifts at both our Global Operations Center and Headquarters building.
- GOC: 20400 N 29th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027
- HQ: 6201 N. 24th Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ, 85016
The Security Officer contributes to safety and security of Company employees, visitors, members, facilities and grounds.
Essential Job Results
- Controls access to the facility by monitoring employees, contractors, visitors and vendor access to entry points, loading dock and grounds.
- Monitors employee badges and ensures temporary badges are worn by all company personnel and visitors at all times.
- Provides secure and safe facilities by patrolling the parking areas, grounds and entry to property for breaches, maintenance problems and fire and building hazards ensuring irregularities are communicated to appropriate management immediately.
- Provides adequate monitoring and control of all security related situations by monitoring and tracking log of events.
- Helps ensure all safety and security equipment is in proper working order such as: fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. by monitoring and reporting any irregularities to appropriate personnel and management.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting Administrative Services with the inspection of critical equipment throughout the facility, completes set up of meeting space and miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed.
- 1 year security experience in commercial or corporate environment desired.
- High School diploma equivalent certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel - as well as other software programs for tracking and internal communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Sound customer service skills.
- Knowledge of fire alarm panel systems preferred.
- Experience supplying data for reports and checking documents for accuracy.
- Able to work extended periods time standing/walking/climbing stairs.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb, twist, and lift 50 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.