Senior Designer (Northeast Region)
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards by providing members, and conditional applicants, with project design services. Makes member development recommendations, develops design criteria and/or leads design initiatives.
Essential Job Results
- Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards by providing members, and conditional applicants, with project design services. Develops and prepares presentation drawings and specifications using design principles.
- Provides design consulting services by visiting property sites and/or meeting with members and conditional applicants. Develops design criteria and identifies requirements. Applies functional analysis and space planning principles and makes presentations to clients.
- Meets Company and professional design requirements by reviewing member, and conditional applicant, submittals and plans for new construction or refurbishments. May visit properties, communicate required upgrades and write reports. Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers.
- Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures. Supports design programs by preparing preliminary budgets for client review.
- May provide transition support by working with new and probational clients. Makes recommendations on member matters.
- Maintains quality service by following Company standards.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in architecture/ interior design for commercial, industrial or institutional facilities. Hotel industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Interior Design or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in a specific application.
- Strong sketching and drafting skills. Advanced proficiency in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Customer focused with good presentation skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Previous project leadership experience.
- May provide work direction or mentoring for entry-level staff. Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others.
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to job. Has professional know how to meet technical standards of assigned area or market segment.
- Convey and obtain information both internal and external to the department. Gets messages across that have the desired effect. May negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Resolves defined problems and identifies hidden problems. Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- May travel up to 75% of work time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.