Senior IT Engineer - DevOps
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Design, develop and deliver quality software solutions to our business partners. Our team of highly skilled and motivated IT professionals takes pride in working on diverse projects while learning new technologies and continuing their professional development. This position will align with the DevOps teams, will leverage infrastructure operations background to design, implement and maintain software build engineering process, product testing.
In this position you will:
* Create CI/CD pipelines for all application teams
* Maintain tools in the DevOps toolchain
* Modernize and automate release management practices
* Collaborate with developers, testers, security, and all operation teams
* Ensuring operational best practices by working closely with the deployment/releasing teams
* Monitor system performance, recommend performance improvements
* Support quality assurance testers and user testers during code release
* Collaborate with Operations team on Cloud migration to AWS
* Help implement containerization
* Work with application team and help them adopt CI and CD practices
* Perform POCs on new tools and practices
* Present to peers and senior leadership
* Strong automation skills (tool agnostic)
* Ability to design, build, and operate a technology stack
* In-depth experience with J2EE
* Development tools such as Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, Nexus
* Strong understanding in Jenkins build, deployment with declarative pipelines (blueocean)
* Strong understanding Git branching strategy, preferably Git flow
* RedHat Linux Systems Administration
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Scripting languages for configuration and automation (Pearl, Ruby)
* Network Virtualization
* APIs , Microservices
* Release Automation
* Rally/CA Agile Central or Jira
* Infrastructure automation tools such as Chef
* JBoss middleware
* Docker, Kubernetes
* AWS: VPC, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy
* Monitoring analytics
* New Relic
* Exerts a positive impact on revenue generation
* Provides operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
* Act as a Coach/Mentor to other IT Engineers providing guidance and expertise when required.
* Facilitate cross-vertical collaboration on projects spanning multiple teams.
* Evangelize the concepts of Lean, Agile, and DevOps
* Communicate effectively with fellow employees and senior management.
* Self-starter and quick learner.
* Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
* Conveys and obtains information both internal and external to the department. Uses written verbal or electronic skills effectively.
* Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and identifying creative solutions. Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.