Senior IT Technician
Provides technical support by applying broad understanding of systems products and services in one of the following areas: help desk, internet, PC/desktop systems, web, or computer operations. Supports business operations by providing technical support and delivering reliable high performance applications and technical services. Monitors and controls systems, applications or equipment. Resolves complex issues regarding operations, including installations, setups, error messages, on-line transactions, system status or downtime procedures. Coordinates with specialists and/or users to determine requirements. Ensures user satisfaction by diagnosing and quickly resolving issues. Takes the necessary steps to recognize, research, isolate and resolve complex technical problems. Escalates problems, requiring additional repairs, training or follow-up to appropriate technical, professional or service personnel. Maintains service and proper systems functionality by interacting with network services, software systems engineering, applications development or other information systems contacts to identify and resolve problems. Recommends systems or production environment modifications as appropriate. Dispatches calls as necessary for system, product or hardware maintenance. Coordinates system outage response by escalating problem resolution and notifying management and users as appropriate. Provides accurate documentation of issues and activity by maintaining a trouble shooting tracking log. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in area of specialty
- Proven customer service experience.
- May require systems configuration or installation experience.
- May require experience in LAN/WAN environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in a particular application or applications.
- May require technical skills in any combination of the following areas: Networks transmitting Voice/Data/Fax and LAN/WAN communications, TCP/IP or VSAT; SCAT, LYNX, CPM, Goldmine; A+, Net+.
- May require working knowledge of telecommunications, PC, mainframe or other information systems equipment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.