Senior Manager, Direct Marketing
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
We are hiring a Sr. Manager, Direct Marketing to identify marketing opportunities by defining and analyzing the market and competitive environment for assigned area.
- Creates marketing plans by developing sales and/or pricing strategies, action plans and goals. May research, identify or develop product/service enhancements. Creates and develops new revenue streams. May source and evaluate marketing alliances with strategic business partners.
- Manages reporting by overseeing selection, modification and maintenance of reports and systems. Reviews, analyzes and presents information. Develops measurement strategies.
- Maintains quality service by recommending and following Company standards.
- Responsible for the data/segmentation behind email/other marketing communications for Best Western Rewards loyalty program
- Oversee direct marketing campaign execution ensuring proper planning, timelines, communication and deliverables. Optimize constantly through A|B testing.
- Build segmentation flowcharts for email/other marketing communications within the Best Western Rewards loyalty program
- Develop and maintain direct marketing contact strategy rulesets
- Ensure the deployment of the right message to the right customer at the right time.
- Maintain direct marketing calendar.
- Utilize data and analysis to deliver innovative direct marketing campaigns.
- Maintain industry knowledge of trends within direct marketing and competitive environment.
- Contributes to team effort by developing relationships with external vendors, members and
- 5+ years of related professional level experience in direct/database marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong passion for lifecycle marketing and consumer behavior.
- Previous experience using a database segmentation tool (Unica, Adobe Campaign) is preferred.
- Experience in CRM strategies, 1:1 techniques, email marketing and automation.
- Excellent analytical abilities including test and learn, rigorous attention to detail and experience writing SQL.
- Experience with key direct marketing fundamentals (testing, deliverability, compliance, GDPR, segmentation, triggers).
- Experience with a B2C email service provider (ESP) such as Salesforce/Exact Target, Responsys, Harmony, Watson Campaign Automation a plus
- Experience with Photoshop a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.