Senior Payroll Representative
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Supports payroll operations by processing and distributing US and Canadian payrolls while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Performs the full-range of payroll related duties including responding to employee questions and payroll related matters. Assists with governmental reporting and compliance.
- Enters and verifies inputs to the payroll system including time and attendance records, benefits data and payroll and tax adjustments.
- Handles specialized payroll functions by researching, interpreting and calculating deductions and payments, including but not limited to: garnishments, workers compensation, FLSA calculations, tax deposits, management perquisites, etc. Handles complicated state tax requirements.
- Coordinates special payments by processing separate payroll runs and preparing manual checks as needed. Processes bonus and variable compensation payments.
- Ensures quality customer care by researching and answering payroll questions. Interfaces with management, third party payroll processors, 401K administrators, and governmental and tax authorities to resolve payroll related matters. Acts as a liaison with accounting.
- Prepares complex reports and spreadsheets for management decision-making and payroll auditing.
- Maintains payroll information by filing payroll, time and attendance reports, tax documentation and other payroll correspondence on a timely basis.
- Assists with governmental reporting and compliance by completing federal and state payroll tax reporting.
- Communicates and trains employees and managers on payroll procedures and practices.
- Minimum 4 years related payroll experience including automated timekeeping and payroll systems experience.
- Canadian payroll experience preferred.
- WorkDay experience a plus
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CCP or CPP preferred but not required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999705118799