Senior Windows Server Engineer - Remote
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
The Sr. Windows Server Engineer is a thought leader in the ongoing digital transformation of Best Western Hotels & Resorts. In this role, the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator works with business leadership to determine requirements, evaluate solutions, and implements those solutions that achieve business objectives with a focus on user adoption. Utilizing tools including but not limited to Microsoft SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, Exchange, Flow, Planner, OneNote, Delve, Sway, and Stream, the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator leads projects from inception through design and delivery to successful implementation and adoption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, manage, and implement changes to the enterprise Microsoft 365 environment.
- Partner and collaborate with business leadership to design, implement, provide guidance, and support solutions using Office 365 tools.
- Gather business requirements, determine priorities, perform due diligence activities, select and recommend solutions, develop scopes of work and implementation plans.
- Develop and implement solutions for enterprise content management, workflows and enterprise search.
- Configure and maintain security, user identities, and domains for the Microsoft 365 environment
- Identify, research, and keep apprised of emerging cloud technologies, solutions, strategies, and developments with the goal of identifying opportunities for their use.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for enterprise email security regarding anti-spam, anti-phish and anti-virus policies and procedures. Ideal candidate will have Mimecast experience.
- Work with other members of the IT team to ensure standards are included, applied and maintained across all product sets and solutions.
- Manage and maintain VMware virtualization environment on a hyperconverged server platform.
No supervisory responsibilities.
The starting salary for this role is estimated to be between $111,200 and $125,000. Base pay, however, will be determined based on several factors, which include but are not limited to, applicable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands.
This is a remote based position, working from a home office within the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, life sciences, or related area or equivalent work experience
- One or more Microsoft 365 Certifications preferred
- 5+ years of experience implementing, operating, and supporting Microsoft 365 tools including deep experience with Microsoft 365 at both user and admin level
- Experience implementing and managing Microsoft SharePoint with an understanding of overall architecture, hierarchy, and administration.
- Understanding of networking concepts and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Azure services, configuration options, and integrations
- Experience working with global teams and clients
- Experience working with C-Suite, end-users and customers to determine solution requirements preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen including a basic understanding of accounting, human resources, operations, procurement and sourcing.
- Proficient in performing needs assessments and making recommendations based on the discovered needs.
- Creative, entrepreneurial thinker who can manage risks, try new approaches, and use good judgment
- Strong analytical skills to quickly recognize issues and opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and demands simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3945