Sr Designer, Architectural Hotel Design Conversion Specialist
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
In-house Architect (Architectural Designer)to provide support to the design department, our members, conditional and conversion properties by promoting Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards. Makes member development recommendations, develops design criteria and/or leads design initiatives.
Essential Job Results
This unique role enables you to be client-focused while utilizing your professional design experience to create practical and relevant property improvement plans. Provides design consulting services by visiting property sites and/or meeting with members and conditional applicants. Develops design criteria and identifies requirements. Meets Company and professional design requirements by reviewing member, and conditional applicant, submittals and plans for new construction or refurbishments. Will visit properties, communicate requirements and write plan improvement reports. Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines. Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers. Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or proceduresMay provide transition support by working with new and probational clients. Makes recommendations on member matters. Maintains quality service by following Company standards.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in architecture for commercial, industrial or institutional facilities.
- Hotel Hospitality/resort design industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sketching and drafting skills. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD: proficiency in Google SketchUp; Photoshop, InDesign preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- NCIDQ or AIA certification preferred.
- Previous project leadership experience.
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others.
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to job.
- Has professional know how to meet technical standards of assigned area or market segment.
- Convey and obtain information both internal and external to the department.
- Gets messages across that have the desired effect.
- Resolves defined problems and identifies hidden problems.
- Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- May travel up to 20% of work time
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.