Sr Designer, FF&E Reviewer (Hybrid HQ or Remote-US)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Start your day with the philosophy and confidence that you can make a difference! Work with Best Western Members who are business owners and key associates at hotels across the US and Canada to guide and support them throughout their design property improvement plans. Through a holistic understanding of their hotel, its locale, guest demographics and market sector, you will promote and implement creative solutions where everyone wins while applying your design sensibilities and knowledge of the hospitality design industry. As part of the Best Western Supply & Design team, you will work with highly qualified, knowledgeable colleagues and management where support, collaboration and the spirit of teamwork abound. Best Western Hotels & Resorts sincerely believes, encourages and nurtures for the success of its Members and employees which makes it easy to start your day with optimism and a smile to be your very best throughout the day!
Successful candidates will have professional knowledge of Interior Design needs as well as an understanding of pricing and lead times. You must be able to effectively relate new concepts and approaches, and you will interact with Members to resolve member concerns tactfully and efficiently.
Essential Job Results
- As part of the Brand Management team, the role of Sr. Designer, FF&E is integral (or instrumental) for the success of the Design Excellence process.
- Create, property improvement plan reports by applying design sensibility, company and industry standards, and technical expertise to guide and support our Members to success throughout their design projects.
- Reviews interior design submittals for hotels to ensure consistent application of design standards and brand aesthetic. Evaluation of submittals includes reviewing specifications, floor plans, property improvement plans and photos to determine compliance with company and industry standards.
- May visit properties to document current conditions to create property improvement plans.
- Effectively manage relationships and engage in collaborative problem-solving to support Members as they navigate the design process through successful completion of their property improvement plan projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and departments to identify appropriate, compliant solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as a key organizational resource by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base with design standards and construction documents.
- Accountable, results-driven team player that enjoys creative problem-solving through a positive, win-win mindset that focuses on solutions and outcomes that benefit all.
- Exemplifies Service From The Heart by having Member-focused pride and a passion for service.
- Build rapport with Members while empowering and encouraging desired outcomes.
- Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in interior design for commercial or hospitality projects.
- Hotel industry experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, or related field or an equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
- Ability to interpret basic or complex architectural plans
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic proficiency in Salesforce and Smartsheet preferred.
- Seasoned analytical, time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently using proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- NCIDQ certification a plus.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- Resolves defined problems and identifies hidden problems.
- Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- May travel up to 25% of work time
- May be Remote-US
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.