SR IT Engineer - Web Services
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Develops cost effective information technology solutions by analyzing, designing, programming, monitoring, and installing software. Increases system efficiency and reliability by handling more complex tasks and/or activities, encompassing diverse technologies, in application development. Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services.
Duties may be included as follows:
- Creates, enhances, evaluates and maintains software applications by performing the full range of more complex programming duties. Designs, codes, debugs, tests, documents and implements programs in approved languages. Develops own methods when creating, modifying and repairing more complex program changes.
- Researches, designs and develops product software interfaces by applying software design theories. Designs, architects, installs, configures and maintains system software infrastructure components.
- Develops and implements proactive monitoring of critical business services to ensure availability. Integrates monitoring principles into the IT systems development life cycle project work.
- Delivers system enhancements by planning and recommending innovative technologies. Develops and implements cost effective approaches and/or automation solutions that lower operating costs and support IT strategy.
- Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions and by monitoring industry trends. Researches, produces and implements standards documents. Outlines and implements all system configuration, tuning and upgrades.
- Contributes to team effort by participating in IT projects and coordinating with other IT teams. Develops, maintains and communicates troubleshooting and recovery procedures and provides support as needed. May coordinate project team activities and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. May provide work direction to or mentor less experienced team members.
- Interfaces with vendors to resolve issues.
- Maintains technical currency by reviewing trade publications, researching technical documentation and pursuing training relevant to Company operating environments. Maintains working understanding of client business functions.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Minimum 6 years related experience in functional area
- Requires fully competent knowledge of Restful Web Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Restful Web Services
- Java Persistence APA (JPA)
- Concurrent programming
- Angular 8
- Amazon Web Services
- HTML 5
Demonstrated ability to recognize and utilize design patterns
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated ability to manage software development projects through completion.
Effective interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with end users.
Advanced technical mastery in area of specialty or broad multi-disciplinary knowledge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.