Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Supports management in achieving optimum security and safety for the organization’s facilities, visitors, members, and employees by providing operational support and day-to-day supervision to Security team.
Essential Job Results
- Supervises the day-to-day operations and workflow and assesses, develops and trains Security team. Makes hiring and firing recommendations for the team.
- Optimizes departmental effectiveness by developing, communicating and interpreting policies and procedures. Analyzes security reports to monitor trends and makes recommendations to ensure adequate safety. Identifies, recommends and implements quality improvement processes.
- Continually improves team effectiveness by establishing key performance indicators for security staff. Uses these measures to motivate, monitor and measure team success. Ensures all employees are appropriately trained in all aspects of safety and security.
- Reduces the risks of workplace violence, theft, vandalism, illegal entry and other safety issues by ensuring the property is monitored and inspected on a regular basis.
- Manages OSHA-mandated programs and conducts training classes.
- Meets compliance objectives by maintaining and applying knowledge of city and state safety and security regulations.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in corporate, multi-facility or workplace environment. One year of lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Two years of law enforcement or multi-task security operations experience preferred.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Property Protection Specialist (CPP) designation preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require intermediate proficiency in one or more specific application. Working knowledge of Lenel or other security solutions software preferred.
- Receives operational guidance on goals, service standards and duties. Provides day-to-day direction according to defined standards and guidelines.
- Conveys sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to job. Has professional knowledge to meet technical standards.
- Obtains and conveys information both internal and external to the department. Gets messages across that have the desired effect.
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers.
- Manages single function, programs, or processes.
- May prepare reports, statistical and budgetary information and develop simple charts, graphs, and tables.
- Extended periods of standing/walking/climbing stairs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.