Travel Industry Relations Sales Manager - Remote
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Travel Industry Relations is responsible for Agency partnerships that include Consortia, Travel Management Companies (TMC’s), Luxury Hotel programs and Entertainment. These transient partnerships help drive ideal BWH performance through increased market share, revenues/room nights, BWR loyalty penetration, and overall brand awareness. The TIR Sales Manager will be providing tactical support for large Travel Industry Relation partners under the direction of a Managing Director and/or manager.
Essential Job Results:
This role will serve as point for the TIR Sales Team to streamline marketing for all partners to ensure consistent messaging and call to action to improve sales performance. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating TIR efforts with our Regional Marketing Co-Ops to enhance member dollars and maximize their reach by leveraging partner advertising vehicles where applicable to deliver optimal messaging to convert to bookings.
This is a dual position with a focus primarily on sales plus marketing experience with an understanding of what drives bookings and how to leverage partner marketing for corporate as well as leisure agents will help drive success. The planning and execution of TIR account marketing plans combined with sales strategy play an integral part in driving room nights and revenue to achieve departmental goals.
5+ years experience in hospitality/travel industry sales or marketing. Experience in travel agent marketing and communications a plus
- Insight into all forms of media, including print, digital, email and social media marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a strong adherence to all Travel Industry Relations and customer deadlines
- Keen and passionate about details, excellence in delivery, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe products including Illustrator and Photoshop helpful but not required
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- An ability to absorb ad hoc projects as assigned
- Flexibility is key as job description details could change/evolve as the market dictates to remain competitive with competition
- Able to effectively work independently or, at times, as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.