UAT Analyst, eCommerce
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) analysts are responsible for performing acceptance testing and criteria validation for releases and new projects within their organization, as well as developing test cases and testing processes with users and other teams. They collaborate with product owners, QA and Automation testers, marketing, and software development teams to suggest solutions to complex issues, and articulate desired business standards for various applications and product functionality. UAT analysts also assist other analysts and teams with story development, wireframes, and designing mockups for a project, and stay up to date with current design patterns and trends in technology relevant to product platforms.
Other tasks performed by UAT analysts include providing feedback and defining necessary changes or defects identified once user acceptance testing has taken place, and building strong working relationships with all the teams with which they are involved. This position is full time and takes place in an office setting.
Research new reports from customers and internal users and submit new defect reports, user story proposals, or suggest authoring/content changes based on findings
Perform triage, troubleshooting and analysis of issues and failures reported by team members during testing and development to determine if the issue is a defect, requires a new enhancement, or is a user error
Produce reports on UAT team findings following completion of QA/Automation testing and Production implementation
Assist with data and test setup for new enhancements and changes to existing services logic or product functionality
Research accessibility issues and provide input and guidance on product fixes or enhancements to ensure compliance with WCAG 2.0/2.1 guidelines
Evaluate existing business and release processes and identify opportunities for improvements and greater efficiency
Attend product team meetings to provide input on changes and new enhancements
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
- A strategic and analytical mindset
- Ability to translate technical terms and complex concepts into simple, user-friendly descriptions
- Strong requirements elicitation and proven writing skills, including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- General working knowledge of computing and mobile device architecture and operating systems
Preferred Skills and Education
- 2+ years of QA or UAT experience in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or a combination of equivalent experience
- Experience with web accessibility (WCAG 2.0/2.1) design and testing principles
- Experience with iterative delivery
- Experience with technical writing and creation of documentation
- Hospitality industry experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999705431032