Worldwide Sales Manager - Group Segment
You're an enthusiastic sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for the hotel industry on a quest for an exciting opportunity with an organization that cares about both its customers and team members. As a Worldwide Sales Manager - Group Segment, your sales acumen will help get you in the door, but your drive and exceptional attention to customer service will be the key to your success in this highly visible role.
This is a remote position, preferably based in the Mid-Atlantic region of Maryland, DC or Virginia. This is an opportunity where you are offered the ability to succeed in a role that extends a base salary plus bonus potential.
As a Worldwide Sales Manager - Groups, you'll use your knack for building relationships by working closely with decision makers to promote our services in your assigned territory. Your primary mission will be to understand and provide solutions to assigned accounts to increase room nights, revenue and market share. A demonstrated expertise in developing new business relationships and managing existing accounts will be a solid foundation for your success as you build upon this book of business to generate continued growth for both you and our organization.
Further information about the position and our requirements follow:
Ideally, candidates will have regional, multiple property or global sales experience. Drives revenue contribution by providing full-service account management. May be assigned to a geographic territory, vertical or specialty market segments such as government, 3rd party and/or education. Assigned accounts between $250k and $1m of potential revenue.
Essential Job Results
- Manages assigned accounts and territory in the group MICE segment by targeting sales calls, participating in local sales chapters or trade shows and promoting the brand to customers and members
- Manages accounts by analyzing needs, creating strategies and measuring client and member responses
- Prospects business development by soliciting favorable contacts with potential new accounts
- Retains existing accounts by researching and resolving customer problems and recommending enhancements to products or services. Ensures client and member satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships
- Supports team effort by participating in cross-functional projects as needed
- Meets sales administration requirements by preparing reports on sales results, market conditions or key account metrics
- Minimum 2 to 5 years related experience in sales or the hospitality industry
- Proven sales results in the group MICE segment
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
Leadership and Accountability
- Exhibits personal characteristics and professional standards that serve as a role model for others
- Exerts a positive impact on revenue generation
- Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals
- Familiar with relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to the job
- Knowledge of assigned accounts or market segment
Relationship Management and Problem Solving
- Uses persuasive selling skills to convince others, both internal and external to the organization to open or grow accounts and to accept terms
- Resolves familiar problems and understands process flow
Join Best Western Hotels and Resorts and you'll interact daily with a group of people who share your enthusiasm for a challenge and desire to provide extraordinary customer service.
Best Western Hotels and Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vib®, GLo®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-priced hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.